Sunday, November 3, 2013

30 Days Comics Challenge Day 3 Jack O' Lantern History


Just recently heard about the 30 Days Comcis challenge on twitter and tumblr. This is what I was able to throw together today. I've been down with a cold all weekend, so I drew this on and off between naps. I feel better now, and I'm fairly pleased with the coloring.

Not sure I'll be able to do one every day, but I'll do my best. Also, still working out some kinks in screen printing. Found my transparencies weren't 100% against the emulsion coated silkscreen, so the images are slightly warped and inconsistent for a four color job. Bought some glass to lay on top of the screen while it burns, allowing gravity to fix the trick. That means starting over. Also, I learned that if I am to do silkscreening, I need to work fast with emulsion. My last batch expired after a month or so after mixing with the sensitizer. This just means having to plans three projects at a time, making screens, and setting them aside until I'm ready. So far using just Speedball Diazo emulsion. If there is a longer lasting product, please let me know!

I'm also getting back to my mini comic. I have four pages penciled, and only one digitally inked. I need to hop on it, I want to get some mini comics and zines finished for the next show.

No comments:

Post a Comment