Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Days Comics 11 Asthma


45 minutes before November 11th, I was able to squeeze another page for #30DaysComics. I’m having fun using this time to experiment with storytelling, layout, and color palette. Generally I aim to print my minicomics, so more often than not they are grayscale.

Figured I would try a more contemplative entry, almost journal comic like.  I find thoughts on the day or even researched pages like my Jack-o-lantern page easier than jokes. Jokes just don’t fall into my lap, I have to squeeze them out of my brain all day like the final drops of toothpaste in a tube.

I like this one quite a bit. I wonder what other asthmatics would think of it.
Regarding the art. My brush pen died after the 2nd panel. I have to order more from Jet Pens. Can you tell the shift?

Side Note: I have Captain America vs The Asthma Monster comic framed in the living room with several other cherished comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment