Sunday, November 17, 2013

30 Days Comics Day 16 "Atari"


Another diary comic style page. This time it’s about my memories of playing Donkey Kong on the Atari 2600 and later arcade. I had a lot of fun with this one, and digitally drew everything but the atari and arcade panels, which I drew on paper.
The story itself doesn’t have too much “meat,” but I think it’s a decent entry for the strip. Sometimes I spend more time trying to come up with a decent idea for the 30 Days Comics entry that I can’t even start drawing until the evening or the next day. I know I’m not fast, but I am learning. I really like doing something once a day whether it’s a hit or miss. It’s really tempering my willingness to produce whether or not I’m 100% ready. Can’t always just wait to capture lightning in a bottle, more often or not the creativity has to bloom in the process of making art.

No comments:

Post a Comment