Sunday, April 21, 2013

Expanding Horizons

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get into screen printing. I've wanted to do this for almost ten years now, and now it's time to do it.
I've bought the majority of the supplies to start up doing one color designs, and I'm building a four color press.




The image above isn't mine, but it's essentially the same build as what I'm working on with my father. I haven't felt this excited in some time. Almost once a month I run into people who wants screen printed shirts, jerseys, and other attire. I've been able to help on a design end, but it really sucks having to farm out the actual printing to somewhere charging an arm and a leg.

Once I get going, I'm going to start taking on small jobs, like 5-20 one color design shirts. Once I feel comfortable, I'll expand from there.
I really need this to be the year I become a full time artist. The work I do for a living is soul crushing and thankless. I need to start doing what I love and seeing where that takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment