You can make a light box for very little money. I had all the items here except the lamps ($8 each at Walmart) and bulbs.
You will need:
- One tall box (at least 2 feet)
- One sheet of white posterboard
- Two sheets of 11x14 tracing paper
- The longest ruler or yardstick you own (I used an 18” ruler)
- X-acto knife
- Sharpie marker
- Wide packing or masking tape tape
- Two adjustable-neck lamps
- 60-watt GE Reveal lightbulbs
You will align a white piece of poster board from the back wall, curved at the back corner, and onto the bottom of the box. Tape it at the top. The curve is very important for photographing, so adjust it as neccessary. The flatter the paper, the more light will be reflected. A too-deep curve will end up with more shadow in the background.
Setup your lamps at the tracing paper windows, and start photographing!
This wonderful tip was found at: http://buffaloetsyteam.blogspot.com/2013/07/photo-tips-3-make-your-own-light-tent.html