Thursday, October 10, 2013

Halloween Art and Comics!

I haven't had much time to write a decent blog entry in a while, but I've been actively at work. If you follow me on tumblr or instagram, I am a little more frequent about posts simply because I can share just images and photos of my projects.

Right now I am trying to do four things. 1) Prepare to teach a silkscreen workshop 2) write a silkscreen zine guide 3) Writing a El Gran Búho lucha-halloween comic 4) A Boris Karloff Mummy limited edition silkscreen print

Right now I'm building the silkscreen frames from scratch, and just recently worked with my father to build a four color silkscreen press based on plans from http://www.printingplans.com/. My silkscreen project will be three colors: black, dark brown, and light brown on an offwhite "taupe" heavyweight paper. Here are some pictures of the project:

 These are my three silkscreen layers of ink.

This is a mockup of what it will look light when I am done.

I'm pretty excited about this project, can't wait to photograph the silkscreen process for you, and get the final product up in my etsy shop.

I'm also finishing up a couple things for my Etsy shop as well. I need new business cards, plus I want to put a giveaway postcard of my art in each Etsy order. Here's my illustration so far for that postcard:



Now regarding the comic, here's what I have so far:




As you can see, I'm fairly busy running around like a headless chicken. Halloween is so much fun, I love the movies, candy, monster cereal, and everything else that just makes this time of year so special. I'll be posting next week when I complete the silkscreen project, then hopefully I can jump on that mini comic and get it done before the 31st!

No comments:

Post a Comment