Thursday, November 15, 2007

A day in the life...

So, a few things are going on in my life. To begin with, I'm working on some illustrations for RetrowareTV on Youtube. I need to get them done relatively soon so they can use them for their upcoming dvd, I'm very excited when my work actually gets used for projects. Here's a preview of what I have going on:

click this to see the full image



I still have a few more adjustments on this one, and then I have two other illustrations to work on. Shouldn't take too long, I just need to use my time wisely.

Secondly, I'm now working on my final project for my acrylic painting class. Its a 'Rockstar Self Portrait'. We had to dress up radically different than our usual selves and do a photoshoot to get a good photo to work from. I initially wanted to do an 80s metal/black metal thing, but that is just to normal of a choice for me. So I decided to swing in a completely different direction and chose R&B/hip-hop, particularly in that Justin Timberlake direction. Here's one of the photos of me playing my bass:




I like this photo a lot, but it isn't the one I chose for the project. You'll have to stop by my blog again to see the finished work to find out. If you want to see more of my photos from the photo shoot, check out my myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/nomadikk/


Lastly, I wanted to mention that I just read Scott Pilgrim Vol. 1. For those of you who don't know, Scott Pilgrim is a hit indie graphic novel by Bryan Lee O'Malley. If you read one comic this year and you are not interested in super heroes, I highly recommend Scott Pilgrim vol. 1. You can pick it up at Oni Press or ask for it at your local comic book shop. Seriously, I believe this guy hits the nail on the head with his dialogue and sequential art, because it mimics my life to the tea. I swear, he must be following me around, because a few of the things that happen in here are straight out of the pages of my own life. Here's one sample page of Scott Pilgrim, on a first date with this girl he really digs, it reminds me of me:


Seriously, read the whole thing, looking back on just that page, I don't think it gives the whole book justice. I just felt that page was a recent event in my life :)

Okay, I think I've done enough jibber-jabbering, I'll leave you with this photo of me, doing what I do best:



Yes, that is Super Mario 1 on a big screen tv. You interested in joining me as Luigi, on my endless quest to save the princess who always happens to be "in the next castle, not this one"? Message me for details!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment