Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Art Show was great!

So, I had the reception for my art show at the Empyrean last Friday. It was a lot of fun, so many friends came. I've never done anything like this before, so it was nice to see so many friends come out to support me. I sometimes feel like I don't have many friends, mainly because I don't get to see them because of my job's hours(which will soon be remedied), but seeing so many people come for me on Friday made me feel like I was on top of the world.

It was so much fun to talk with everyone about my art, I had people ask me all sorts of questions. I was able to meet the other artist there, he was a really nice guy. I also was able to hear some unfiltered opinions of my art as I overheard people chatting away who didn't know I was the artist. It made me feel really good to hear what everyone had to say. I always worry that friends just tell me they like my work because we are friends, so now I have a better idea of what strangers think of my eccentric paintings :)

From what I hear, I think the tattoo shop next store to the Empyrean wants to buy my Street Fighter paintings. I'm prety stoked about that since the painting is 4' x 3', I wouldn't know what to do with it if I had to bring it home! :) I priced it at $400, which is a really low figure too, considering the endless amount of work I put into it, and the massive size of it. Actually, all of my paintings are pretty cheap in comparison to what others are trying to sell for. I guess it means I'm a cheap whore then :) But honestly, I'd like to sell my paintings and know someone will hang it up and enjoy it, so if I have to settle for a slightly lower price than what others sell for, its fine by me.

Again, I just want to thank everyone who showed up, it meant a lot to me to see all my friends in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment